We must all do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Chilliwack River Rafting adheres to current health and industry guidelines and provides an exciting local adventure. Let’s be responsible and have fun too. Whitewater rafting involves adventure, splashing and wide-open outdoor spaces, and creates an environment that can improve physical and mental health.
We invite you to come rafting with your ‘social bubble’. Let us know the make up of your group and we will facilitate an adventure within your comfort zone. You can call our office at 1-800-410-7238 anytime with any questions.
We all need to take this virus seriously. To reduce the possibility of COVID-19 transmission, we have implemented new procedures to ensure the wellbeing of our guests and staff. Just like rafting, COVID-19 requires teamwork where we all have a role.
What You Can Do
- Do not come rafting if you have cold or flu-like symptoms (cough, sneezing, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing), if you have been exposed to anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been traveling out of the country in the past 14 days.
- Follow physical distancing of 6ft/2m with other groups/staff and stick to your ‘social bubble’.
- Wash and sanitize your hands regularly.
- Bring your own face covering (like a cotton cloth bandana or non-medical mask) to wear on the bus. We recommend a buff (aka. an active tube) that works for the bus ride and for rafting.
- Be ready to wear your face covering whenever physical distancing cannot be followed.
- Bring personal hand sanitizer if you have it.
- Agree to contact tracing.
- Be prepared that it may take us a little longer to do check in, hand out of gear, and follow new protocols.
What We Are Doing
- Enforcing physical distancing and using PPE whenever physical distancing is not possible.
- Refunding guests for health reasons up to 24 hours prior to departure and, if it is really late notice, we are happy to reschedule their trip.
- Allowing only one social bubble to check in at one time and limiting access to the office.
- Limiting the number of people inside the washrooms at a time.
- Serving all food with extra protective measures in place.
- Daily assessment of all our employees’ health.
- Extra training for our employees’ on COVID-19 procedures.
- Providing guests and employees with correct PPE when required.
- Sanitizing the shuttle bus before and after each trip.
- Sanitizing rafts between trips.
- Providing extra hand sanitizing stations and signage as a reminder to practice physical distancing.
- Continuing to care for wetsuits, helmets, life jackets and paddles as per industry standards. Placing all gear into a rotation so that there is maximum time between use.
- Regular cleaning of all frequently touched areas.
- Promoting social bubble rafting.
- Reducing numbers to maintain physical distancing.
- Constantly reviewing all new changes and updating our response as needed.
Please email us at email@example.com for more information or for a full copy of our COVID-19 procedures.
Thanks for adventuring and supporting local businesses. Get in touch if you have any questions and we hope to see you on the river soon!
Cheers from the Crew at Chilliwack River Rafting.